RTD Rail Challenge
Inspired by the Tube Challenge in London, UK, the RTD Rail Challenge is the competition for the fastest time to travel to all RTD Commuter & Light Rail stations. The goal is to visit all the stations on the system, not necessarily all the lines.
- The object of the challenge is to visit every station on RTD’s commuter & light rail network (lines A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, N, R & W) in the shortest amount of time possible.
- Participants must either hold a Regional Monthly Pass or purchase a Regional Day Pass & be prepared to show it to any RTD authorized person throughout the challenge.
- The challenge may be started at any day / time from any station on RTD’s rail network. The challenge time starts the moment the train leaves that station.
- The challenge may be finished at any day / time at any station on RTD’s rail network. The challenge time ends the moment the train arrives at that station.
- For each station, a train must be used to either arrive at, depart from or both arrive & depart at least once during the challenge.
- A through station may be visited by being on a train that stops there. There is no need to briefly step off onto the platform.
- There is no limit to the number of times a station may be visited.
- Walking is permitted between stations, provided Rule 5 is obeyed.
- Use of RTD bus services (including Flatiron Flyer, SkyRide, Limited, Express & 16th Street MallShuttle, FreeMetroRide & FlexRide) is permitted between stations, provided Rule 5 is obeyed.
- Riding RTD vehicles that are not in public service is not permitted.
- Use of all other non-RTD vehicles (including buses, cars, trucks, vans, bicycles & scooters), whether private or hired, is not permitted during the challenge. A non-RTD vehicle may be used to travel to the starting station & back from the finishing station when the challenge is complete.
- The Union Station commuter rail station & light rail tracks (11 & 12) are counted as one station.
- Participants must take a selfie & record their time at their starting station, finishing station & the following eight stations:
- Denver Airport (A Line)
- Westminster (B Line)
- Littleton Mineral (C & D Lines)
- RidgeGate Parkway (E & F Lines)
- Wheat Ridge Ward (G Line)
- 30th & Downing (L Line)
- Eastlake & 124th (N Line)
- Jefferson Co. Government Center (W Line)
- Participants must record all RTD trains & buses, plus walking transfers in the journey log so that the challenge attempt may be verified.
- Participants must abide by the RTD Code of Conduct at all times.
If documenting the challenge on Social Media, please use #RTDRailChallenge hashtag.