Note the collapse in fare revenue and increase in grant operating assistance since the Covid-19 pandemic.
Greater Denver Transit is in support of the following ways to increase funding for RTD:
– RTD FasTracks sales tax revenues should be “de-bruced”.
– RTD needs to create a plan to grow ridership and full fare revenue..
– Fare revenue needs to cover at least 30% of operational costs.
– Bolder and more comprehensive grant requests..
– Partnerships with developers to raise the value of RTD owned property and increase rental income.
– Exploit commercial opportunities at transit stations and facilities by assisting concessions to set up operations.