Rider’s Bill of Rights
GDT > Reimagine RTD (GDT’s Version) > Rider’s Bill of Rights
We have a right to a public mass transit system that includes:
- A system that is safe to use.
- A system that is accessible to all (ADA Act).
- A system that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national origin (Title VI).
- A system that is appropriately staffed and maintained so that reliable service can be run.
- Workable and convenient schedules to facilitate punctual service.
- Connections between routes at key interchange points to be conveniently timed.
- Clear and legible maps and schedules for all available service at bus stops, transit facilities and rail stations.
- Accurate and up to date information for upcoming transit departures, delayed or canceled transit service that is relayed in an effective and timely manner.
- A transit system that does not require a smartphone or internet access to be easy to use.
- The ability to pay for single fares with cash.
- Clean and tidy buses, trains, stops, stations and transit facilities.
- Professional and courteous service from all staff.
- Safe working conditions, living wages, competitive benefits (inc. healthcare and pensions), bathroom access, meal breaks and union rights for transit workers.
- Transit that meets the needs of each community with no communities left out.
- Management that are fully accountable for their decisions and when things go wrong.